Pentair 520593 EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40

Kemble

Gold Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
CO
I'm about to purchase a Pentair 520593 EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 for a very near future 15 x 30 Saltwater above ground pool. I was told I need to run 220v to this unit.

Because I am planning on adding an addition behind my 3rd car garage I also will be moving my central air unit from one side of the house to the other side and locating it on the same concrete pad I will be pouring that will house my pool pump and pool filter on.

My question is, since both the Pentair EasyTouch requires 220v and the central air unit requires 220v will I need to run 2 separate 220v lines? or one line and connect it to the Easytouch first, or connect it to the central air unit first ?

Also, it it OK for this EasyTouch to be mounted to the side of the house where it can get wet from rain/snow or does it need to be shielded from the elements ?

Thanks !!

K,

The bottom half of the EasyTouch is a 125 amp load center, so if you run large enough wiring, you can use the EasyTouch to supply power to your AC unit. You'll still have to have the safety interconnect by the AC, but you should not have to run two lines.

The EasyTouch is in a all weather cabinet and are most often mounted without an cover.

The EasyTouch can be run from just 120 volts.. but that assumes that everything the ET controls is also 120 volts.. Is the pump you plan to use 120 volts?

Thanks,

Jim R.

The pump & other accessories I'm going with:

Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pool Pump with Digital Time Clock | 3HP Max | 011018 - $899.00
https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com...R1B1XdXE91BrO7NLR9Hlox9HSPKxOTHCB0aAns-8P8HAQ

Pentair 520593 EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 $1,125.00
Pentair EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 520593 | PoolSupply4Less

Pentair Screen Logic Bundle Kit 522104 - $360.00
Pentair Screen Logic Bundle Kit 522104 | PoolSupply4Less

FNS Plus 48 Sq Ft Filter w/o Valve - 180008 - $589.99
https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com...R_J6daRvrSyVT4fzNrZFI8IHgHj6ZLQO58aAmKz8P8HAQ

2" Multiport Valve Threaded for D.E - 261152 - $155.51
https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/Pentair261152DEMultiportValveKit2/69053p1

K,

Looks like a good plan to me... Obviously, with that equipment your will need to run 220 volts to the pad.. Make sure you run two hots, a neutral and a ground..

Thanks for the update,

Jim R.

ok, all my equipment has been purchased.

My pool was delivered today & excavating starts Thursday. What do you mean by 2 hots ? I am unfamiliar with that term.

I plan on running a 220 line into the Easy Touch and then run a 220 line out of the Easy Touch to the AC box on the house (breaker), from there it goes to the condenser.

A 220v circuit originates from a double pole breaker that makes contact with both legs of your main panel. This allows you to power your load(s) using both "hot" or "power" wires from the electric company. So, you need to run the two wires from the breaker, a neutral and a ground (both from the respective distribution blocks in the main panel) to the ET sub-panel. A 110/120 circuit uses a single pole breaker that makes contact with only one leg of your panel and therefore you would only need 1 hot, 1 neutral and 1 ground to make this type of circuit work. Make sure you run properly gauged wires for the distance and total load that you are trying to power (taking into consideration future expansion). This will also determine the amperage of the double pole breaker that you will need. Running the 220v to your ET sub-panel creates a mini version of your main panel where you can utilize 110/120v circuits as well as 220/240v circuits depending on the equipment requirements (for example, you can run a 120v outlet at the pad).

So I just spent the last 30 minutes on the phone with Pentair phone system and never managed to talk to anyone and got disconnected... :(

I'm trying to find out how much electricity I need to run into my Pentair Easy Touch. The Easy Touch says it comes with a 150A breaker and room for (10) 1" slots.

I have a Pentair VS 3HP pump that I will need on one circuit, a FNS 48 sq ft filter on another circuit. Does the SWG need a circuit ? I will also need a stand alone 30 amp circuit that power the central air unit that I will be relocating, and since I will have open slots in the panel I will use it to run (1) 15 amp breaker to power (2) 4' fluorescent shop lights and 4-5 electrical outlets that I plan to install in my shed. I would also like to allow for expanding to a heat pump in the next 1-2 years.

I guess to make a long story short... I should just run a wire big enough to fill all 150A shouldn't I ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.