Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Flooded Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Flooded Pool

Well I remember that there is no such thing as a stupid question so here goes -- Are there any concerns I should have with my pool flooding over with lots of rain? We've had a lot of rain the last two days and my in-ground fiberglass pool has flooded over. I know that there are water table issues and popping out of the ground but I see no evidence of that. The pool has a cantilevered flagstone deck over about 4" of concrete that is tied by rebar to the pool. The deck is three foot wide in most places and up to 6-7 feet near the slide and patio. The pool sits in sand, I live on an island, and the water table is usually about 7 feet, my deep end is six. Maybe just newbie jitters but thought I would ask. Attached a picture taken in drier times.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16x32 fiberglass pool
    1.5 hp pump
    cartridge filter
    solar heater
    Dolphin Diagnostic

2. Back To Top    #2
    Beautiful pool. Do you mind if I add it to the slideshow?

I wouldn't be concerned about the water table. If your pool were empty, that is when you would need to worry about it popping out of the ground.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3

Please do. Thanks for the quick reply!
    16x32 fiberglass pool
    1.5 hp pump
    cartridge filter
    solar heater
    Dolphin Diagnostic

4. Back To Top    #4
    If the water level is above the top of the skimmer opening then the skimmer won't skim. Nothing will really go wrong, but there will be more debris left on the surface than usual. Other than that you should be fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School