Jet removal

Cooldood

Mar 3, 2016
Folsom, CA
Hi all,

Long time lurker, no had much reson to post, but thanks for all the good info and suggestions, we make full use of the TFP system for our pool
We have a Phoenix Spas EC-2 spa (a local CA company now defunct). Tub must be quite old. 220V, 5.5 kW heater, 2 of 3 hp pumps, around 350 gallons.

While draining and cleaning it on Sunday, we noticed a ball-bearing escaping from a swirl jet. Managed to remove the jet by teasing out the clip ring and have identified it as the older style jet in picture 3 on this page :-
https://spacare.com/BalboaGrayLuxurySwirlBlasterJetInternal950381.aspx
No longer serviced, so we need to buy the newer version.

My question is, before I break them trying, any idea how I remove the smaller jets that do not seem to have a clip ring?

Also, is it normal for the tub to heat up 5 degrees above set point while filtering, or is there a fault in the control board?

Thanks for any help,
John

Welcome to TFP!

If you run the pump for a long time friction will heat the water. My kids monkeyed with the settings and set mine to run for 6 hours or so and it was above 104 even when set for 90-something. I only run my tub for an hour twice a day for filtering.

Inyo Pools has all sorts of spa jet tools.

Thanks.
I managed to sneak up on it today and confirm the heater lamp was not on while it was filtering, so assume the temp is just a result of the pumps running, for now.
Need a data logger to watch the temp and see how it matches to filter cycles.

It looks like the smaller jets are micro luxury, so rotate counter-clockwise then pry out. Maybe I will start with the one that looks like it has a missing centre piece anyway.
Wish me luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.