Water Temp questions

Not really. You always want to test pH before the water has a chance to cool off or warm up much. The only other temperature consideration I'm aware of is for CYA, which doesn't work as well when the water is below 70 or so.
--paulr

Just keep an eye on your chlorine more closely. High water temps, outdoor temps, usually equate to heavier bather load, and usually it means folks leave the cover off to keep the water temp down. So make sure your FC levels are kept up. :goodjob:

frustratedpoolmom said:
Just keep an eye on your chlorine more closely. High water temps, outdoor temps, usually equate to heavier bather load, and usually it means folks leave the cover off to keep the water temp down. So make sure your FC levels are kept up. :goodjob:
True. Will make sure the FC is up. Have the SWG running 60% for the 8 hours I have the pumps running during the day.

:shock: Water temp is up to 90 degrees yesterday.

We have started looking at shade sails to give a bit more coverage on the pool and this might help. Another thought I had was to dump the ice bucket from the fridge and see what that did. :lol:

Tonedeaf said:
:shock: Water temp is up to 90 degrees yesterday.

We have started looking at shade sails to give a bit more coverage on the pool and this might help. Another thought I had was to dump the ice bucket from the fridge and see what that did. :lol:

My pool is tiny compared to yours, I started an ice cube collection and filled a 5 gallon bucket and a 1 gallon ice cream bucket up. when the pool was 92 in the middle of the nite I dumped it all in and within 4mins the ice was gone and checked the temp every 30 mins for 3 hours and it didn't change the temp one bit!!! 8)

jefeyessica said:
We live north of Dallas, and our pool felt sort of like a bathtub as well. Today we got some thunder storms and rain, which dropped the temperature by at least 10 degrees. Yeah!! :whoot:

Yeah. Got home and with the little bit of rain yesterday the pool temp was down to 85. With it only being forecasted at 92 today, I would think it would stay down at that range. Was a nicer swim last night at 85 than it was the day prior at 90. :D

I feel your pain also I live in Azle and my temp was up to 92. I started running my pool, waterfall at night and made a 10 jet sprinkler that shoots from my spa into the pool also allowing the spa spill over to work. The past three days my temp has lowered to 88, don't feel like taking a bar of soap into the pool now. The weather the end of this week and next week is supposed to be brutal. Ahh welcome to Texas I love it here!

Some friends of mine that used to live in Texas said they used to have an ice company deliver blocks of ice to have them dumped into their pool to cool it off. Not sure of the sizes or quantity. I'm sure 100 pounds or two would help.

Last year my wife and I bought 20 bags of 7 lbs ice, and dumped them in the pool to try to lower our temp. 5 minutes later, all the ice was gone and nary a drop in temp. Don't waste your money trying this. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The forum has pretty much concluded that ice is very ineffective at reducing your water temperature.

This works.....a-cheap-pool-cooler-for-the-end-of-summer-t2501.html?hilit=pool cooler

You can make your own any way you want (connect it to your returns) or you can buy some commercial ones. The evaporative process is surprisingly effective. You will experience very little water loss and your water temp will be affected pretty quickly.

The higher you shoot the water and the finer you get the drops, the more effective your cooler will be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.