Filter off, now cloudy

May 15, 2009
so My power went out last night due to a thunderstorm... usually its only out for a few minutes, but this time the power was out all night turning my filter off... after 12 hours my pool was milky/cloudy... before the storm I raised my FC levels to 6 like I do every night(6% bleach)... all other chemicals are at the recommended levels based on pool school.

my question is is there anything else I can do to keep my pool from getting away too far until power comes back on... its going to be 100 degrees here in missouri today

thanks

Sorry to hear of the power outage; however, your pool should not have turned milky/cloudy overnight.

I run my pump/filter appx. 8 hours a day. Something like 11AM to 7PM. Never overnight-but that is just our choice.

I agree with FPM that you need to get some bleach in there ASAP and mix as best you can. Brushing the pool would be a very good way to mix it.

When your power comes back and you have your water circulating again, please post a full set of #'s and maybe we can help you figure out why it turned cloudy/milky overnight.

yeah I thought it was very weird that it turned cloudy overnight... it has always been crystal clear, dunno if there was something funky in the rain water or what... oh well hopefully the power comes back on soon and I will get more chlorine in and see what happens... thanks for the quick advice.

So the power guys are workin on the power now...

But fc was 6 last night before the storm...

Now fc 1
Cc 0
Ta 115
Ph 7.0 <-- was fine on Monday
Cya 55

I dumped a 192 jug of bleach in and as soon as power comes back on I'm just gonna raise fc up to 15 and shock... and check the pool calc to see how much iborax I need to raise ph back to normal... the pool is fluttered with bugs, but I've had a bug prob since opening... but its sure strange how messed up things got with just 1 overnight storm, never had anything like this happen before....

Any other advice?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.