Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heating an above ground Intex?

1. Back To Top    #1

Heating an above ground Intex?

Last year was my first year with our 22' above ground intex pool. The kids and I loved it, and we would love to get more use out of it this year, but the pool just doesn't seem to stay warm enough. Any thoughts or ideas on heating an above ground pool? Is it just a silly thing to do, or actually worth while? Any ideas on natural gas, propane, electric, and/or what I should consider? I used the solar cover last year, but it just didn't do enough.

Thanks!

Marty
    22' round 12,000 gal Intex AG pool. SWG Model ECO 20110 2650 GPH Salt System. TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Heating an above ground Intex?

Check out Intex Ultra 16' with Haywood Heater, Intex Sand Filter SWG

There are a lot of good links in Useful links for fellow Intex Pool Owners That's where the heater one came from.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Heating an above ground Intex?

I have solar and I just added a propane heater. My pool is only 9 x 18 but it's warm!
    9 x 18 Hydro Force AGP, Aqua Pro AP ASFAL 75 pump and sand filter, Hayward Skimmer, Raypak 106A propane heater, Sunquest Solar Panels, Pentair Rainbow test kit.