Needing help....algae or dirt in pool?

Judge

Bronze Supporter
Sep 12, 2012
Hey everyone,

I'm totally stumped on this one. I opened my pool almost a week a go and I can not get it cleaned. I have shocked it a few times, vacuumed, brushed it, backwashed filter and it is still dirty. When I opened the pool the water was kinda of cloudy but you could see the bottom. It had a lot of dirt on the bottom and along the sides due to construction that is going on. The fine dirt particles must have came through the safety cover over winter. Once I had the pump going I started brushing the dirt around hoping my sand filter would pick it up. I then did quick vacuum and dumped 3 jugs of bleach in. The next day I came back and it looked the same so I vacuumed, brushed and shocked it. It wasn't getting better so I was convinced my sand filter was channeling. I took it apart and ran the garden hose through the sand to reset it. That still didn't help. I shocked it last night again and checked for over night chlorine lose. The FC dropped by 3 but the pool was still at shock level. With that being said is my water full of dirt or is it algae?

FC: 21 FC (shocking from last night)
PH: 7.6
CC: 0.2
TA: 110
CH: 180
CYA: 50
Salt: 2400 (I need to add salt but didn't want to turn the salt generator on until pool is clean)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm guess vacuuming, brushing and maintaining the shock level is the only thing I can do until to clears up. I'm about to go to work would you recommend that I run my robotic cleaner in the pool while I'm gone?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.