Replacement SWG

knoball615

Silver Supporter
May 5, 2017
lebanon, TN
The pool company replaced my Pentair IC20 Salt Cell yesterday while I was at work . I came home to find that it was installed upside down . Before I call to rip them I wanted to ask if there is any practical application for doing that ? Trying to read it That way makes me dizzy. Thank you

K,,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for PB ripping pool owners... :shark:

When you say upside down, do mean the control panel is on the bottom or is your cell installed vertically and your flow switch is at the top???

As a side note, an IC20 on a 19K pool is not really big enough and may be the reason the unit had to be replaced. We always recommend that a SWCG system be 2 x the pool volume so in your case we would go with an IC40.

Curious as to how long you have to run your pump and at what SWCG percentage to keep your pool chlorinated?

Why was the cell replaced?

Thanks,

Jim R.

The Intellichlor has to be installed in an orientation that allows the flow to be in the right direction. There is an arrow on the case showing the proper direction of flow. If it is just a case of the display facing the wrong direction, you can loosen the unions and spin it to a better position.

It is installed vertically and the flow arrow is pointing to right. i'm not in a place to send a pic but the sanitizer output button/lights are at the top and salt level indicator at the bottom .i have to tilt my head And shoulders to read the words .
I'm the new owner of a home with existing pool . I don't have an indication of the chlorination output percentage yet as I'm battling algae I think. We wrote replacement of the pump motor, multi port and salt cell in the purchase contract . The Pentair IC20 had a manufacture date of 2008

Update -I asked the pool company to come out and fix the orientation . They came and then decided that it would go right side up amd said Pentair had changed the flow on the new models . I thought it was odd that they didn't know that before they came back to change it . Anyway I didn't believe them so I called Pentair support . They confirmed the new installed models will be upside down . If you're not familiar with the function lights and lay out it's pretty difficult to read. SILLY

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.