Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 10 ft pool how do I get up high enough to tile it?

1. Back To Top    #1

10 ft pool how do I get up high enough to tile it?

So I'm working on my remodel and want to start working on tiling it, I have some experience with my bathrooms and kitchens, the one thing stumping me is how do I get high enough to tile it. I don't think reaching in from the top will work... any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 10 ft pool how do I get up high enough to tile it?

My pool is a little deeper than 7 feet and my tile guy is using a type of scaffolding

current build<--free form gunite 34x21 18k gallons 4ft-7ft deep,Pentair 3HP VSP, wisperflo 2hp, 520 cartridge filter, 400k heater, ez touch 8 with screen logic, ic40 swg. 4ft sheer decent, 2 led deck jets, 5 globrite leds,rock spa waterfall. Mocha travertine deck, noche coping. Tropics blue custom mix with LOTS of beads and shells

3. Back To Top    #3

You could rent scaffolding, or do as Big Will's contractor. Personally, I build a 3-part wood piece to paint stairways with the ladder, and pressure wash on a slope. You can google or pinterest ideas for an angle support.
    ~22k IG Vinyl (Ocean Midnight), Hayward Tristar 3200VSP, Hayward Sand Filter S3103S, Hayward 4.0 LED, TF-100, High-Iron, 7.5 ph Well Water.

4. Back To Top    #4

My guy had some things that hung over the side of the pool.

36,000 Gallon Inground (IG) Gunite Pool with Spa and 12" tanning ledge | White Plaster | Cartridge Filter | Hayward Single Speed Pump (x2) | 400k BTU Hayward Heater | Hayward ProLogic Automation | Taylor K2006 Test Kit | In-pool Cleaner | August / September 2016 Build Date | Build Thread

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a 10' deep pool and had to come up with lots of different ideas. For the bulk of the work I installed roof jacks (for installing roofing) by drilling into the pool and using expansion anchors that fit the roof jacks. After I just grouted in the holes before we sealed it.

After sealing I built a few a-frame with a horizontal kicker - first picture above that I could move around. My pool has the slope like yours so in the sloped areas I padded up and rigged a 6' fixed ladder with a couple of angles to hang behind the coping.

Be safe, and if you aren't used to working perched like that, it can be pretty uncomfortable. It was for me.