Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jammed Multiport Plunger

1. Back To Top    #1

Jammed Multiport Plunger

I'm getting closer and closer to actually switching on my equipment and declaring the pool open for the year. My water is clear, tile patching should be done tomorrow, return plugs have been removed....and now come to find out that the guys who blew out my lines last year (from a respected local company) somehow managed to jam the multiport plunger that leads from my sand filter. It looks like they just pushed it down without turning it, cracking the plastic "guide" and bending the little catch pin on the handle. So now I can't get it to go up or down, or turn. Two questions: 1) is this damage likely just superficial, or would there be internal parts of the plunger that would be damaged by this? and 2) How do I get the d*** thing to move? Brute force?

photo hosting service
    35,000 IG plaster pool, built ~1975 (owner since August, 2016)
    Harris 152716 pump, installed 2016 | Aquatech High Rate Sand Filter, installed ??? | Raypak RP 2100 heater (connected, unused)
    Traditional Chlorine | Municipal Water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jammed Multiport Plunger

Those things never work. I would recommend that you replace it with a multiport.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.