Air leak with vacuuming??

spf30

Apr 28, 2009
Hanna City, IL
No sure what the problem is, but each time I try to vacuum, I will get a good seal at the skimmer, but then, it seems there's little suction, and shortly after I've attached the hose to the skimmer, I will hear a louder noise coming from the pump, then bursts of water/air will shoot out from the jet. I have backwashed, rinsed, made sure hose is clear. We just replaced the filter head and replumbed this season. I don't notice any louder sounds when the pool is just on filter. Any ideas why I'm not getting good suction, and where I might be drawing in air if thats the problem? Thanks!

Is the vacuum hose being attached directly to the skimmer outlet in the bottom of the skimmer or with a skimmer plate attachment? Are you making sure to fill the vacuum hose with as much water as possible before attaching to skimmer? Inspect the vacuum hose for leak in the hose and at each of the end fittings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.