Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What Are Some Good Pumps These Days

1. Back To Top    #1

What Are Some Good Pumps These Days

I tried to swap out the motor on my 16 year old Pentair Ultra-Flow pump but two of the bolts coming out of the seal plate which mount the motor are corroded onto the motor flange. Tried half a can of PB Blaster with not luck (still entertaining suggestions on how to get the old motor off). So, instead of throwing parts at this pump (motor, seal plate, who knows what next) I was thinking of just getting a new pump which doesn’t look very DIYish. Anyway, what pump should I look into getting?
    11.5k gal, IG Plaster (2001), 1.5 HP Pentair Ultra-Flow Pump, Purex Triton FNS Plus 60 sqft DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What Are Some Good Pumps These Days

There's a thread around here with the cure for those bolts, but I can't find it. You could search with the search box and I bet you find it.

This is not from direct experience, but you'll hear these two variable speed pumps recommended often here. 342011 at $645 and 011018 at $945
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=3PBCN79BI7Z0V
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

+1 with needsajet. I have the SuperFlow and it is a great pump. If you are thinking of adding automation in the future, then I would lean toward the intelliflo as it has better control for automation.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

+1 to the Superflo or Intelliflo. I love mine.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach