Opened our pool yesterday, Northern IL!

Nov 14, 2015
Chicagoland, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So pleased to finally get the cover off, and see my water after the winter! This is our first year opening after a season of TFP/first time pool owners.
Water was fairly clear, but there were a lot of worms, and you could see where the mesh panels in our solid cover were - the floor in that area was for sure dirtier than the rest of the pool.

PH was high, but got that down quickly with MA. Ran out of time to vacuum last night, so got to that today (first sunburn of the year! :/) After I vacuumed there was a lot of fine debris that was brushed up, so I'm curious what my FC and CC levels will be this evening. Even so, there was a bit of sparkle to the water.

Of note, for me/me pool, my CH and CYA were both lower than at closing - we have an overflow outlet, so I'm assuming the rains this spring essentially diluted our water.
Anyway, I'm just enthused and sharing. I wasted to open a month ago, but weather and schedules conspired against me. Day of opening, water was just at 60 degrees, so we're doing okay here. :)

Whee!!

I did end up putting my chlorine in, and I've been keeping it at the 2-5 level called for by my lower CYA. The weather has been beating my pool with lots of debris, and temps to cool to swim, so I'm just a sweeping and brushing to hopefully have clear water by the time it's warm enough to be in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.