UV stability of Santoprene tubing?

ccp79

Sep 13, 2016
Tucson, AZ
I just installed a 45mph10 Stenner pump. As part of the kit I received ~20 feet of clear (opaque, actually) santoprene tubing. Since most of the tubing run is exposed to the Arizona sun for most of the day I'm wondering how well it will hold up to UV and whether I should take steps to protect it?

since it is clear I wold cover it or paint it, it will likely last a year or two but might as well give it all the help you can. When you have used the spare roller tube new pumps typically come whit in a couple years you might want to upgrade to UV stable black at the same time.

Hide it with some split wire loom. Might find it at an auto parts or computer store. A car stereo installer will probably have tons of it.
EL1.jpg

Tagging in on this thread

Is a 50' run with the santoprene tubing ok or should it be a hardline if one wanted to run this far?

I think you could get a 50' run to work if the run is level or better yet downward sloping. looking at the Stenner site it looks like they are specked to prime up to 25' with a 3-5' lift on the suction side, given that I wold not think the discharge side could handle much lift over a significant distance but if you can make the discharge side level or lower than the pump I would think you will have no problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.