Replacing chlorinator with SWG

Jun 7, 2015
Wamego/KS
Ok. I think I've made the decision to convert to a SWG. Not sure if I will do it this season or wait until next. Probably depends on price. What are the recommended brands/models. It sounds like I need one for at least 30,000 gallons? Any opinions on the CircuPool brand? Some good discounts on those at discountsaltpool.com. What about this one:
In The Swim Salt Chlorinator System - Chlorine Generators

Also...read about using a sacrificial anode. This can just be placed in the skimmer basket? Is this recommended? The only metal would be around the underwater light.

0ed6e7860fc582e7772764fde04ca730.jpg

This is my set up. Would I just remove the chemical feeder and add the SWG in its place?

I just installed a Jandy Apure35 system on my pool. It took me longer to add the salt than to install the whole system. I have an extra brand new one if you are interested. APURE35PLG is the model number

Same one I have had since 2013 and it's still working great on my 17,500 gallon pool. I only run it 6 hrs/day and it maintains Cl level, but my pool is heavily shaded. I did have my flow switch fail/break(~$150) so I removed it and jumpered the flow contacts as it can only run when my pump is turned on anyway. In fact, the new model doesn't even have the flow switch as the manual says it has to be wired to the pump timer.

The flow switch is just a little toggle switch anyways. The port that the flow switch installs into has several unused openings which would also make it easy to use a much cheaper generic flow switch.

I am curious about hooking it to the timer though. I currently have mine connected to my Aqualink system so I would think that would be good enough to satisfy the system without having an actual flow switch. Although if your pump goes out and there is no flow then the swg could have a meltdown if it doesn't have a flow switch to shut it down.

Probably depends on price.

That was a big factor for me as well, I was lucky to pick up the Jandy EI on clearance for about half price from inyo.
They have a few different models on sale now here Clearance Swimming Pool Salt Systems - INYOPools.com

I am curious about hooking it to the timer though. I currently have mine connected to my Aqualink system so I would think that would be good enough to satisfy the system without having an actual flow switch. Although if your pump goes out and there is no flow then the swg could have a meltdown if it doesn't have a flow switch to shut it down.
I have thought about that and may replace the switch in the future. With my fairly short 6 hour run time I'm not sure how long one would have to run before being a hazard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.