Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool and lots of questions

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool and lots of questions

Hey all,
    I am setting up a pool for my daughter. It will be 12'x48". And as always looking to go cheap but not too cheap. Accepting any and all suggestions. You will not hurt my feelings by telling me how the cow ate the cabbage. All criticism is constructive.

smallpaul

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool and lots of questions

Welcome!

Well... a pool 12' diameter and filled 3.5 ft deep will hold 3000 gallons. That puts it right on the dividing line between a temporary pool and a grownup pool. If things go wacky, would it be a massive problem to empty it out and start over? You won't flood the neighbor's yard or something? Water isn't rationed?

Take a gander at the ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry so you get the lino, then read Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools and decide if you want to go that route or spend almost as much on the test kit as you spent on the pool.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

sp,

Welcome to TFP.. A Great resource for all dirt cheap pool owners...

What kind of questions did you have? If looking to set up an Above Ground (AG) pool, you might get a better response in the AG forum..

Glad you could join us,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks. Already getting lots of info from Pool School and Forum.