Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Used spa yesterday now pool returns won't work

1. Back To Top    #1

Used spa yesterday now pool returns won't work

Hello, used spa yesterday (actually just the spillway button). When I turned off the spillway I noticed there was still flow out of the spa and into the pool. I cannot get my pool returns to work. I'm thinking I have a valve that stopped working. Is there a way to troubleshoot that or turn it manually?

I have a Pentair Easy Touch system. Perhaps there is a setting I am overlooking?

Thanks very much,
    Doug
    21000 gallons (including spa), pebble sheen; Intelliflo Vs pump plus 2hp feature pump. De filter 60sq ft; Mastertemp 400k heater; Easytouch 8 and last but not least it is a chlorine pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Used spa yesterday now pool returns won't work

After I posted I used a couple correct terms to do a search and found some great info. Search is your friend...
    21000 gallons (including spa), pebble sheen; Intelliflo Vs pump plus 2hp feature pump. De filter 60sq ft; Mastertemp 400k heater; Easytouch 8 and last but not least it is a chlorine pool

3. Back To Top    #3

W,

Did you get it fixed?

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

No. I placed a service call. I played with the switch and it doesn't work. Cable looks good. Early tomorrow morning i am going to look for a fuse.

Thanks,
    Doug

5. Back To Top    #5

Doug,

Sounds to me like the actuator if bad. Most likely a failed micro-switch. Lots of info here on replacing them..

The EasyTouch has three or four small circuit breakers in the upper right of the main panel, one of them protects the valve voltage.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks Jim. Is that micro switch inside the body of the valve? Thanks for replying!

I think the breaker is good because the other valve works fine.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, there are two micro switches inside the valve actuator one for each stop.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Pool repair guy came out and replaced the valve. I have the old one so plan to take it apart to see the switches. Next time i fix myself!

Thanks guys...