Replacing foam on skimmer door

dschlic1

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 5, 2007
Valrico, FL
The movable, floating (used to be) door between my skimmer and the pool has lost its foam and so no longer closes when the filter shuts off. I have some Styrofoam that I can replace the old However I would like to know what adhesive I can use to attach the foam to the skimmer door with? I was thinking of a thick two part epoxy such as JB Weld, however I am not sure how well that will adhere to a wet surface. :(

Most adhesives will attack the Styrofoam, so try everything on a scrap before you actually try to glue it in place. I might try just plain RTV silicon. The whole weir is cheap enough you probably don't want to buy an adhesive to repair it.

I realize this thread is very old. My foam came unattached from my skimmer door so today I removed the door and used this to reattach the foam to the door. It states it is waterproof. Pretty sure it will not degrade the foam. I will update this post at a later date if it proves to work over a month or two. Maybe it will help someone in the future.

IMG_2493.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.