What should I pay someone to vacuum and brush my pool.

TomAtlanta

Sep 10, 2011
Atlanta Ga
I've got some arthritis problems and want to cut back on physical work.
I'm going to continue doing the chemicals but I am paying someone to come twice a month to vacuum and brush my pool.
What should I pay for this?
I am in Atlanta, which I think has average costs for labor. Cheaper than California but more expensive than rural Alabama.

I would guess anywhere between $50 and $100 for two trips a month. However, it might be just as cheap in the long run to get some type of automatic cleaner and let it do the work for you. Maybe a Polaris or a suction side cleaner or one of those more expensive robots that run on their own without using the pool equipment.

Psoriatic arthritis here. When I fired our pool guy my lawn service owner was here. They don't maintain pools but on the spot said they could brush and empty skimmer baskets when here anyway for only $5 more. I have an enclosure though, and it would still leave vaccum and pump basket. But, if you have a lawn service it may not hurt to ask them.

Edit: They no longer brush, but only empty the usually already empty skimmer baskets but no charge. Just lets me be a little more lazy :)

If it's a young kid that lives nearby, and all they're doing is a quick brush and vacuum, I'd say around $15-20 per cleaning, since it should take less than an hour for a decently thorough job (more if your pool tends to collect a lot of debris). If they lived more than 15 minutes away, I'd pay a bit more. If it's an adult you should probably pay a bit more too. Obviously if there's anything particularly challenging about it (half to walk a quarter mile just to get the equipment), pay a bit more for that. Could always combine it with some yard work to make it more worth their time. :D

What about getting a good robot? Since I got my robot there has been nothing to brush up on the bottom of the pool. Empty it once a week and you're good to go.

I bought a Doheny's Discovery, same as a Maytronics S200, Dolphin Active20 and Dolphin Triton. Marina Pools has the best prices as of last report here, Maytronics cleaners

More about my robot in my pool thread, link in sig. Also more here, Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.