Filter issue?

Jun 14, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Last night my water was cloudy and i checked my filter.
The filter pressure was up about 8-10 over the start line.

I back washed, and rinsed and put in new DE powder.

I then shocked the pool, and put in some liquid algae prevention.

This morning i went out and checked the clarity of the pool (it cleared up) but my filter pressure was way up again...
What would be causing that, or how do i go about fixing it? :scratch:

Your filter is removing whatever particles are/were clouding the water. Backwash and add DE again (about 80% of a full load). If you continue to experience increasing pressure even with clear water then you'll want to disassemble the filter and clean it manually.

The title of your post is probably a little off the subject. Chlorine is most likley your issue....not the filter.

If you post a set of test results, I think we'll probably see your FC has returned to a level too low to protect your pool.

Your psi rose after the dosage (as sphisex said) because you killed some of the algae in your pool and it moved into the filter causing the pressure to rise. I doubt you killed it all, however, and think you will need to shock more thoroughly but only test results will tell us for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.