New Here and want to say hello and ask questions about my new stonescapes

schatz

May 15, 2017
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Hto the hello, just wanted to say hello and ask a few questions on my new stonescapes tropics blue surface. First of all should it feel rough as sand paper and be like sanpaper to the touch? I had it redone and replastered and it was finished a week ago and filled. How important is an acid start up and should I do one now? I was thinking this may be the reason it is so rough even though I am brushing it 3 times a day like a mad dog with a nylon brush. Should I be useing a mixed stianless and nylon brush that my contractor recommended or stick with nylon? I dont really trust his advice at this point because he said he was going to do an acid start when we talked about finishing the job among other things he has told me that have been innacurate.Thanks and by the way, I am running pump 24 seven for a week and kreepy every now and then and have ph 7.2 - 7.6 and chlorine is at 2 ppm and ta is 80.

It has been 2 and 1/2 weeks since it was filled and following startup procedures on the NPT site. I am even brushing twice a day still with 50/50 brush. It is still rough to the touch and was wondering how your surfaces are, those of you who have stonescapes mini pebbles in their pool. I never did an acid start up when first filled although my contractor said he would, I wonder if that would make a difference at this point. Oh well I guess for now I will just keep brushing unless anybody has any other advice be it brushes, chemical or otherwise it would be greatly appreciated, or maybe this is just how stonescape mini pebble is and we will just have to live with the rough surface. The kids are grown and have left nest at least and until we have grandkids we will not have to worry about toes and fingers being ruubed raw. Thanks in advance for any comments or advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.