Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Here and want to say hello and ask questions about my new stonescapes

1. Back To Top    #1

New Here and want to say hello and ask questions about my new stonescapes

Hto the hello, just wanted to say hello and ask a few questions on my new stonescapes tropics blue surface. First of all should it feel rough as sand paper and be like sanpaper to the touch? I had it redone and replastered and it was finished a week ago and filled. How important is an acid start up and should I do one now? I was thinking this may be the reason it is so rough even though I am brushing it 3 times a day like a mad dog with a nylon brush. Should I be useing a mixed stianless and nylon brush that my contractor recommended or stick with nylon? I dont really trust his advice at this point because he said he was going to do an acid start when we talked about finishing the job among other things he has told me that have been innacurate.Thanks and by the way, I am running pump 24 seven for a week and kreepy every now and then and have ph 7.2 - 7.6 and chlorine is at 2 ppm and ta is 80.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Here and want to say hello and ask questions about my new stonescapes

Welcome to TFP!

Here is what NPT says about pool startup with their products, FAQ | National Pool Tile Group

If you are not happy with the service from your PB then contact NPT here, Contact Us | National Pool Tile Group, to get them involved. They are usually happy to help their customers.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

It has been 2 and 1/2 weeks since it was filled and following startup procedures on the NPT site. I am even brushing twice a day still with 50/50 brush. It is still rough to the touch and was wondering how your surfaces are, those of you who have stonescapes mini pebbles in their pool. I never did an acid start up when first filled although my contractor said he would, I wonder if that would make a difference at this point. Oh well I guess for now I will just keep brushing unless anybody has any other advice be it brushes, chemical or otherwise it would be greatly appreciated, or maybe this is just how stonescape mini pebble is and we will just have to live with the rough surface. The kids are grown and have left nest at least and until we have grandkids we will not have to worry about toes and fingers being ruubed raw. Thanks in advance for any comments or advice.
    33,000 gal inground with two skimmers with attached 500 gal spa with spillover and Raypak heater, stone scapes mini pebble, very rough, tropics blue pool,hayward 2 hp pump, pentair FNS 60 diatomaceous earth filter and kreepy. 45 mph10 Stennner pump for chlorine injection.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the info, does this forum not notify when replies are given. I am a member of a couple other forums and I get e mail alerts so I know when areply has been made.Interesting. Thank you.
    33,000 gal inground with two skimmers with attached 500 gal spa with spillover and Raypak heater, stone scapes mini pebble, very rough, tropics blue pool,hayward 2 hp pump, pentair FNS 60 diatomaceous earth filter and kreepy. 45 mph10 Stennner pump for chlorine injection.

5. Back To Top    #5

It is set to default off. You can change it in your settings. More here, Setting and Profile Features or here, Board FAQ
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach