Keeping the pool closed this season

TN94z

May 15, 2012
Henderson, TN
I did a search but it seemed most of the results were keeping the pool open for the winter. Here is my situation. The pool needs a new SWG system which we really don't have the money to buy right now. My wife is starting RN school this week which is going to make for an extremely busy summer for us. I will be working more than usual to take up the slack of her going to school and we have a 2 year old and a 15 year old golfer that will have a summer full of golf tournaments. So, basically, we are not going to have much time to care for the pool or even use the thing this year.

Is leaving the pool closed this season a valid option? If so, what can I expect when opening next year?

I figure this has been asked many times...

Buy a cover, put it on and hope for the best. Chances are you will have a swamp but this forum knows how to help you get it cleaned up.

We have a safety cover which is what we use to close it. It's been pretty green before and I have gotten it cleaned up. I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't do some damage that could not be undone as I have never left it closed for a season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.