Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What type of sealant to use underwater

1. Back To Top    #1

What type of sealant to use underwater

Hello all, I'm in search for an underwater sealant. I have a 20x40 in ground pool with the cement bottom and a 3' fiberglass panels going around & I need to caulk in between the joints. From my research I've found it seams the Ruscoe Permanent sealer PSW-HV might be the best product to go with.... Does anyone have any suggestions of other products on the market? Thank You.... Brian
    I have a 20x40 IG pool, fiberglass panels all around and cement bottom. New to be connected Pentair FNS+ 48 filter & superflo VS Pump 342001.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What type of sealant to use underwater

I assume it is currently drained, if so there are a number of silicon sealers/caulk that would probably do the job once they cure.
    18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What type of sealant to use underwater

Yes it's down to the top of the concrete, so it's a good time to remove what's left of the old caulk and seal the joints.
    I have a 20x40 IG pool, fiberglass panels all around and cement bottom. New to be connected Pentair FNS+ 48 filter & superflo VS Pump 342001.