Source for Parts for Sta-Rite High Rate Sand Filter?

May 6, 2015
Chickasha, OK
Well, folks, it's been a productive fall/winter/spring around our house. We demolished our old pool house, poured a new concrete pad, and built a 12x20 pool house/storage building. Also moved all of the pool equipment inside, sitting in a "tray" in the concrete pad with a drain. Had to cut pipe below the water line in the pool (talk about a mess... 12+ hours of running a sump pump before we could do any pipe fitting).

Anyway, the guys who demolished the pool house moved my sand filter. By laying it on its side (still full of sand...) and rolling it across the yard. I spent a couple of days with a Shop-Vac removing all the sand to check the laterals only to discover, much to my surprise, that they're all still attached and in great shape. I figured surely something would have been damaged with 575 lbs. of wet sand rolling around inside there. But, then again, wet sand stays in place pretty well, so maybe it provided some stability and "locked" everything in place.

This has led me to my question today: I looked for weeks for somewhere to purchase parts for this Sta-Rite filter (in the event something was actually damaged). I know Sta-Rite was bought out by Pentair at some point, so I started looking at Pentair parts. But none of the ones I've found look similar to what I've got.

If I break something in this filter at some point, am I just up a creek?

I'd almost forgotten I started this thread (I knew I'd wanted to, but couldn't remember if I had or not...).

I've got the pool open, everything is running fine(ish). The lid on my sand filter appears to be a "universal replacement," which is now leaking. There are several small cracks that are allowing water to seep through.

After doing some looking, it appears the Pentair Triton II filter is purt-near the same thing as what I have (having Shop-Vac'ed all the sand out and becoming quite intimate with this filter gave me an idea of what the parts look like inside...), and one of the exploded diagrams on one of the pool part websites shows a "universal 6" filter lid" that is exactly what's on mine now.

This tells me 2 things:

1. My filter lid is 6" in diameter.
2. My filter lid has V-threads, rather than buttress threads (I didn't realize the thread style would be important at the time I had it apart, so I didn't pay attention).

I'll post pics of the filter when I get home tonight just so y'all can see what I've got going on here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.