Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquarite Salt chlorine generator (computer) Not working properly.

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquarite Salt chlorine generator (computer) Not working properly.

I have a SWG Hayward Turbo Cell 15 40,000g that was recently replaced because i didn't think it was working properly since it wasn't producing enough chlorine. I told the pool tech and people from warranty that i thought it wasn't the cell and maybe the actual salt water generator. I noticed that before when i would change the dial to increase the % of chlorine being produced that it would click and that now it doesn't. My pool will produce chlorine at about slightly less than 2ppm, but no matter how much i move the dial it wont increase the ppm. The pump runs about 8 hrs and CYA is around 80n and salt is at about 3200 so I don't think it is that. Also, my pool is fairly clear with no signs of algae. Is there a part on the generator that can be replaced so that when i turn the dial it actually increases the amount of chlorine being produced?

Thanks,

JR
    17k gallon pool, pentair whisperflo pump 1hp, Pentair FNS Plus 36, SWG Hayward Turbo Cell 15 40,000g, blue quartz with pebble finish landings/bench, ultra pure water cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquarite Salt chlorine generator (computer) Not working properly.

I am pretty sure that the dial just changes the percentage of time the generator runs and the output per time is constant.
    32000 gallon, inground, fiberglass, Aqua-Rite SWG, Pentair 420 sqft cartridge filter (Installed-ya baby), Hayward Super II pump 1.5 hp, 144k BTU heat pump, Dolphin Dx5 Plus, and a good test kit from Duraleigh!