New pump won't prime...

May 15, 2017
The Colony
Greetings,

I recently replaced the Hayward 1 & a half horsepower pool pump with a Harris one and a half horsepower pool pump. Installation went well and the first time I turn the pump on it immediately primed and my pressure was back to normal and everything seem to be running fine. When I went out to check on it the next day it had not primed. I've tried messing with all of my 3-way valves and cannot seem to get good suction through the pump. When I turn it on the water level in the pump immediately receeds but I'm never able to get a flow of water started.
As a side note, when I used to turn off my pump my spa water would return to the level that the normal pool water was that but now my spa water seems to be staying full and not draining back down to normal pool level. Is it possible that I have a blockage in my line somewhere?
I recently cleaned off the filters and replaced old filter vanes (?) with new pieces so the filter should be good to go.
The only thing I can think of would be a clog in the line on the way to the pump or that I probably need to replace my 3-way valves. Suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.