voltage 12v 14.7v

speed

Mar 31, 2012
spain
hi
bought 2 new lights
installed both lights but 1 light is not working, other light is working fine
now the seller is saying its my fault the light is broke because my power supply gives 14.7 voltage and his light is only 12v
which seems like a lot of bul to me?
what you guys think?
thank you

12V transformers for pool lights do not have a regulated output. An unloaded transformer will have a higher output voltage is no load is applied than if there is a load. The amount of the load will determine the output voltage. LED lights have a much smaller load than incandescent lights do, so will not bring down the transformer output voltage as much as higher load incandescent lights will. Also, a higher wattage transformer will be less affected by load than a smaller transformer would be.

When you told your supplier that you transformer was putting out 14.7 Volts, where did you measure the voltage at?

12V transformers for pool lights do not have a regulated output. An unloaded transformer will have a higher output voltage is no load is applied than if there is a load. The amount of the load will determine the output voltage. LED lights have a much smaller load than incandescent lights do, so will not bring down the transformer output voltage as much as higher load incandescent lights will. Also, a higher wattage transformer will be less affected by load than a smaller transformer would be.

When you told your supplier that you transformer was putting out 14.7 Volts, where did you measure the voltage at?

I am surprised that you did not mention wire size as well. At these low voltages, the actual wire run could drop the voltage delivered to the light depending on the AWG size.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.