Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete Deck Treatment

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete Deck Treatment

looking for best options for a DIY-

i have spoken to a couple people regarding Cool Deck etc- they all run around $4/foot-

are there any DIY options Stains + Sealers that are worth a S*^t??
    16' x 32' 20K rectangle sport, salt, IG vinyl, Hayward Salt system, Doheny Discovery '17, Hayward 2hp pump, Haywood 4 cartridge filter, Hayward H250 heater, built 2007- refinished 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concrete Deck Treatment

What does cool deck do and what are you looking the do (what's the purpose)? Are you looking for protecting or a stain / color?
    18'x36' vinyl - 24k gal - Intelliflo 3hp VSP - Pentair C&C 420 cartridge filter - IC40 Salt - EasyTouch 8 - ScreenLogic - Raypak 406btu NG heater - Intellibrite 5G ligths - 4 deck jets - sheer descent - X-Stream Slide 2 - TF100 kit - opened spring 2017

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

If it's just broom-finish concrete you can stain it, seal it, paint it, vinyl finish it. There are also a number of DIY texture deck coating finishes. Paint doesn't hold up very well but all the others a reasonable options. How do you want it to look? How much money/time/effort are you willing to devote to the project?

A lot will depend on your level of skill and experience as a DIYer and the amount of time and $$ You are willing to donate to the project.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, H400 & Heliocol Solar, Dolphin S-300, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit, Smart Home/Alexa pool control

4. Back To Top    #4

i have been looking at the Seal-Krete system- budget like to be done under $2K with something that looks good- but i am worried some of these newer products haven't been around long enough to establish much of a history. My Concrete is in very good condition- but it has Zero personality- and its rough on the feet- would like to put something down that is aesthetically groovy and add some of that non slip additive. My gut is to stay away from paint- the seal crete has an etch... followed by a bonding primer - and then 2 coat application with a sealer as a third coat-

i like the idea of the bonding primer requirement on any system for longevity- thoughts???

SEAL-KRETEĀ® | Concrete Pool Deck Coating & Sealer

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej View Post
    If it's just broom-finish concrete you can stain it, seal it, paint it, vinyl finish it. There are also a number of DIY texture deck coating finishes. Paint doesn't hold up very well but all the others a reasonable options. How do you want it to look? How much money/time/effort are you willing to devote to the project?

A lot will depend on your level of skill and experience as a DIYer and the amount of time and $$ You are willing to donate to the project.
    16' x 32' 20K rectangle sport, salt, IG vinyl, Hayward Salt system, Doheny Discovery '17, Hayward 2hp pump, Haywood 4 cartridge filter, Hayward H250 heater, built 2007- refinished 2013