Which number is correct - aquapure or test strips

I have found that most SWG cells will read slightly lower than the tests but yours is reading quite a bit lower which might indicate it either needs cleaning or it could be at end of life. Try cleaning first before calibration. Also, how old is the cell?

I did a google search and came up with this procedure for calibration.

It may be the strips. I had not-yet-expired strips go bad earlier this year. In my case the yellow line at the top of the strips had turned partially brown.

Salt cell is in its 10th month of use. I just cleaned the cell but it looked great. I cleaned the sensor also. I did notice that the band at the top of the test strip(aquacheck white) did not turn brown like they said it would. Are the strips bad? Expiration on them is 9/2010. I thought my salt reading should be low because we have had a ton of rain in the past month. I have had to empty water on 2 occasions. It is hard to believe that the salinity is still 3320 per the strips. Aquacheck light is now on saying to add salt (2400 ppm).

Bottom line is that it really doesn't matter what the strips say, you need to keep the SWG happy. Target the low end of the SWG recommendations and go from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.