Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! Hayward Heatpro Heater over-heating pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Help! Hayward Heatpro Heater over-heating pool.

Just last week I installed a Hayward Heatpro 110k Btu heat pro pump. The first day I set heater to heat water to 86 degrees (from 79 degrees current water temp). 12 hours later I checked and it had heated pool to 89 degrees, that's 3 degrees more than I requested. I turned heat pump off purposeful to see water temp go back to 81...then requested heater to heat to 84 degrees. Within hours it heater to 87 degrees.

I'd figure these heaters should know through a built in thermostat when to stop heating...but it seems to me as it is overheating always by 3 degrees. I guess I could counter by always requesting to heat 3 degrees less but that shouldn't be.

Any ideas?

Also I don't think it matters but salt cell system reads even higher temperatures than the heater's thermostat display. Haven't check with a manual thermometer to see who is right.

Also this is a brand new system and I doubt the thermostat would be busted.

So I went from too cold to too hot. Now I just want to find a way to control it a perfect 85 degrees.
    12' X 25' in-ground. Hayward EcoStar Pump, Hayward DE 3620 Filter, Hayward Pro-Logic PS4 with Aqua Connect for automation, Hayward ColorLogic Led lights, Silencer Blower, Four Jandy DeckJets, Salt Pool, Neverlube Valves with One Actuator. Built by owner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help! Hayward Heatpro Heater over-heating pool.

Anyone?
    12' X 25' in-ground. Hayward EcoStar Pump, Hayward DE 3620 Filter, Hayward Pro-Logic PS4 with Aqua Connect for automation, Hayward ColorLogic Led lights, Silencer Blower, Four Jandy DeckJets, Salt Pool, Neverlube Valves with One Actuator. Built by owner.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Help! Hayward Heatpro Heater over-heating pool.

being an inground pool I suspect you have a bottom drain. The pump may be drawing colder water from the bottom which will be cooler. The thermostat measures intake water temp which may be cooler
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump