How would you cover this pool?

lhlsea

Bronze Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Seattle, WA
Newbie here getting ready for my first summer owning a pool, TFP has been incredibly helpful. In another thread I got some great advice on whether to replace my heater (which was DOA) with gas or electric heat pump.

Seems like keeping it covered will be a key part of keeping the costs down, and I have read a ton on these forums about covers.

As you can see in the photo my shape and space situation is a bit tricky.

Any suggestions for how you would cover this pool in a way that is convenient to take on and off?

The pool is 16x26 not including the half circle caps at each end.

Thanks!

3896b040fdeeefcb62195aa86f560456.jpg

Thanks. And silly question but when you remove the cover do you just slide it off and set it off to the slide of the pool?

Not sure we have room for a roller -- perhaps along the left side of the photo though I am not sure how easy it would be to do a roller on a long edge of pool.

I really don't know as I do not cover my pool due to my cats. I do not want to take a chance of one of them trying to walk on it.

The reels do take up some room. My reason for telling you to cut it was so you could just slide it on and off by your self.

Kim:kim:

You could buy it long and cut to fit or just skip covering the half circles. Cutting it in half makes it easier to handle for sure. We cut ours and it helps a lot. We do not use a roller. When temporarily removing the cover we fold in half a couple of times halfway out of the pool and then fold it over a few times making about a 4'x4' pile of cover. Then just unfold it back into the pool to recover. At the end of spring and end of fall we lay it out, let it dry and fold in half lengthwise a couple of times, roll it up and put it away. 8 mil and cheap is what we recommend. My 8mil clear is great. Or blue is fine too.

Not sure why you couldn't get a cover reel in your situation. When you're using the pool, two people can lift and move the reel over against the fence. As for the shape, buy a rectangle and cut it to fit your pool. If using a reel, you could probably cut the far end semi-circle and just not the one under where the reel will sit.
The hose reel only needs to sit a few inches off the edge of the pool on either side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.