Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rust stains on liner from bobby pins...

1. Back To Top    #1

Rust stains on liner from bobby pins...

I have 4 rust stains on my vinyl liner that I cannot get off. Apparently a girl lost 4 bobby pins while swimming in my pool. I eventually found them and removed them, but it was too late. My salt pool rusted the bobby pins and the rest is history. How can I fix this?
    18'x36' Inground Kidney Shaped Pool, 22,500 Gallons, Buddy Seat, Vinyl Liner, Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP, Hayward Pro Grid DE Filter, American SPS Resilience A5 Salt Water Generator, (5) Sunheater 2'x20' Solar Panel Heater Setup with Goldline Automatic Valve and Thermostat Box, Raypak 360,000 BTU Digital Cupro Nickel Natural Gas Heater, Polaris 380 Cleaner with Booster Pump, Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED Light

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Rust stains on liner from bobby pins...

Crush up vitamin C tabs and place them in a sock. Put the sock directly on the rust for 10 minutes. It may not get it all but I think it will get much of it. Repeat.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

^^^ What he said. It happened to me. It's amazing how a bobbie pin can leave a perfect image on the pool floor only overnight.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Amazing how you guys know this... I am definitely going to try it. Thanks!
    18'x36' Inground Kidney Shaped Pool, 22,500 Gallons, Buddy Seat, Vinyl Liner, Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP, Hayward Pro Grid DE Filter, American SPS Resilience A5 Salt Water Generator, (5) Sunheater 2'x20' Solar Panel Heater Setup with Goldline Automatic Valve and Thermostat Box, Raypak 360,000 BTU Digital Cupro Nickel Natural Gas Heater, Polaris 380 Cleaner with Booster Pump, Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED Light