First Test with TF-100 test kit

Gadragonfly

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2017
Fairburn, Georgia
My test kit arrived on Wednesday but we were going out of town Thursday morning so today has been the first time I've had to test our pool water. As I expected, there isn't much of anything in it. As a reminder, a new liner was installed about a month ago and the pool filled. We've added liquid chlorine daily but that was all. We've been working on getting pumps working right, vacuuming, skimming, etc. My #'s are:

OTO= 0
FAS-DPD = 0
CYA = 0
PH = 6.8
TA = 0

I didn't test calcium hardness as I understand it isn't as critical with a vinyl lined pool. I'm ready to get this pool in balance so I can enjoy the crystal clear water I see in so many of your pictures. As a reminder, our pool is pretty clear.

Attachments

• 20170507_160955.jpg
    20170507_160955.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20170507_215136.jpg
    20170507_215136.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 25
fly,

Well with no FC and no CYA, it might not stay clear for long... :(

All the chlorine you have been adding is just disappearing almost as fast as you can add it.

Suggest you add enough CYA to get you up to 30 ppm today. CYA will keep your chlorine from being used up so fast and will make the chlorine less harsh on your body.

How much chlorine are you adding each day?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Just a gallon or two of Walmart 10% chlorine bleach/day. I haven't wanted to add too much of anything until we got our test kit so that we wouldn't send it over balance. I decided it would be easier to get my numbers up rather than try to bring them down. We're ready to start adding CYA as well as more bleach.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.