Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First Test with TF-100 test kit

1. Back To Top    #1

First Test with TF-100 test kit

My test kit arrived on Wednesday but we were going out of town Thursday morning so today has been the first time I've had to test our pool water. As I expected, there isn't much of anything in it. As a reminder, a new liner was installed about a month ago and the pool filled. We've added liquid chlorine daily but that was all. We've been working on getting pumps working right, vacuuming, skimming, etc. My #'s are:

OTO= 0
    FAS-DPD = 0
    CYA = 0
    PH = 6.8
    TA = 0

I didn't test calcium hardness as I understand it isn't as critical with a vinyl lined pool. I'm ready to get this pool in balance so I can enjoy the crystal clear water I see in so many of your pictures. As a reminder, our pool is pretty clear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24k 17' x 36' IG Vinyl-lined, Grecian, salt water pool
    1 hp Hayward Superpump; 250 lb S244 T Sand Filter
    Jandy ProLink 1400 SWG; TF100 Test
    Dolphin A30i Robot named MerA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First Test with TF-100 test kit

fly,

Well with no FC and no CYA, it might not stay clear for long...

All the chlorine you have been adding is just disappearing almost as fast as you can add it.

Suggest you add enough CYA to get you up to 30 ppm today. CYA will keep your chlorine from being used up so fast and will make the chlorine less harsh on your body.

How much chlorine are you adding each day?

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: First Test with TF-100 test kit

Just a gallon or two of Walmart 10% chlorine bleach/day. I haven't wanted to add too much of anything until we got our test kit so that we wouldn't send it over balance. I decided it would be easier to get my numbers up rather than try to bring them down. We're ready to start adding CYA as well as more bleach.
    Last edited by Gadragonfly; 05-14-2017 at 02:08 PM. Reason: add /day.
    24k 17' x 36' IG Vinyl-lined, Grecian, salt water pool
    1 hp Hayward Superpump; 250 lb S244 T Sand Filter
    Jandy ProLink 1400 SWG; TF100 Test
    Dolphin A30i Robot named MerA