Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi All from LapPoolMike

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi All from LapPoolMike

Just wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself. We live on the water in Saint Petersburg Florida and had a 60' x 11' lap pool (with attached spillover spa) built parallel to seawall in our backyard, it turned out great and we're really enjoying it, our first pool! We started construction in October and the pool has been filled for a few months, it's been a massive learning curve, and even though I'm just now registering on this site and becoming a supporter, I've been following the excellent advice from this site since fill day and it has been invaluable, my new pool truly has been trouble free. Up to a few weeks ago I had been manually chlorinating with pool store liquid chlorine, but now I've switched over to my Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG and I'm in process of dialing it in.

As I look over all of the excellent posts I've printed out for reference as I figured out my pool, special thanks goes to jblizzle, Jimrahbe, JoyfulNoise, the excellent "Water Balance for SWGs" article author(s), pooldv, JasonLion, chem geek, mas985, etc, etc, etc (I'm sure I missed many others!). Your advice massively sped up the learning curve for me, and kept me from making big mistakes!

Well, just wanted to say hi and "thanks"! And I became a Supporter of the site today!

Thanks,
    Mike
    Finished in 2017 - 30K Gal, IG, 60' x 11' Rectangular Lap Pool (4' to 6.5' deep) with attached Spillover Spa, Hydrazzo plaster finish. Pentair Equipment: Intelliflo 2 VST 3 HP VS Pump, CCRP200 Cartridge Filter, MasterTemp 400 NG Heater, IC40 SWG, TF-100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, K-1766 Salt Test, Dolphin S300i Robot Cleaner, Pool Blaster MAX Li Vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hi All from LapPoolMike

Welcome to TFP but it ain't true without pictures
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Mike,

Comments like yours are the main reason that we are all here....

Really glad you became a supporter as that is what allows us to provide the support we do.

You will love your SWCG pool. In my mind the feel of the water and the minimal maintenance required with a saltwater pool, makes it all worth while.

Thanks again,

Jim R.

edit... Yes!!! we want pics...
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Here ya go, some pics!
    The dig:
    01_DSC_0059.jpg
    Metal work:
    02_DSC_0067.jpg
    Shotcrete shell:
    03_DSC_0127.jpg
    Tile and Travertine coping:
    04_DSC_0290.jpg
    Retaining wall:
    05_DSC_0274.jpg
    Finished in 2017 - 30K Gal, IG, 60' x 11' Rectangular Lap Pool (4' to 6.5' deep) with attached Spillover Spa, Hydrazzo plaster finish. Pentair Equipment: Intelliflo 2 VST 3 HP VS Pump, CCRP200 Cartridge Filter, MasterTemp 400 NG Heater, IC40 SWG, TF-100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, K-1766 Salt Test, Dolphin S300i Robot Cleaner, Pool Blaster MAX Li Vacuum.

5. Back To Top    #5

Equipment pad:
    06_DSC_0195.jpg
    Travertine decking:
    07_DSC_0398.jpg
    Hydrazzo plaster and regulation lap pool turn markings (non-skid tile):
    08_DSC_0526.jpg
    Shallow (party!) end 4' deep and 10' long:
    09_DSC_0527.jpg
    Deep (future starting block) end 6.5' deep and 20' long:
    10_DSC_0529.jpg

6. Back To Top    #6

View from seawall:
    12_DSC_0540.jpg
    Pool fill day!:
    11_DSC_0536.jpg
    Beautiful sunrise from the pool! Our backyard looks east, so we don't get baked by the afternoon sun, which is nice!:
    13_DSC_0554.jpg

7. Back To Top    #7

Mike,

What a great pool and a fabulous view... I have a fabulous view also... of the back of my neighbors house...

I love it!!

Thanks for the pics,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks Jim!

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Awesome looking pool and location. Thanks for the pics
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

10. Back To Top    #10

I love/hate seeing these pics. Incredible view. Very jealous!. Enjoy!!

23k gal in-ground gunite w/ spa/blower, Sheer descent, Jandy AquaPure SWCG, Pentair 2HP Pump x2, Raypak P-R406A-EN-C 399k BTU gas heater, Polaris 380/Polaris PB4-60 Pump, DE filter w/ separation tank

11. Back To Top    #11

nice!

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for supporting TFP!

That is a great pool and a great place to be!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach