New from MA

Sieve,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all new to them pool owners... :shark:

Are you vacuuming the Spa? If not, what are you doing to clean it?

It appears to me that the valves are labeled, but I can't read them in the picture.

If you could tell us, by valve, what the labels say, we can get you going.

As they are currently set up it appears to me that you sucking water from everything.. Skimmers, Main Drain, Spa Drain, and ???

It also appears that you are retuning water to both the pool and spa.

Get us the label names and we can do better than guess... ;)

I assume the pump that only has one valve is for some water feature??? Is this true?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sieve,

Click to make pic bigger...

Looking at the pic above, here is a quick rundown on what I believe your valves are doing. Please confirm that I have the labels you gave me, associated with the correct valves...

The pipe labeled H sucks water from your pool skimmer and allows you to remove the debris that float on the surface of the water.

The pipe labeled G sucks water from your Main Drain... This takes water from the bottom of your pool and helps circulation.

The pipe labeled E sucks water from your Spa's Drain. This would allow you to remove the water in the Spa...

The pipe labeled F sucks water from your Spa's skimmer... (Not sure that is what it is called???)

The pipe labeled D goes to (Not sure at this time...) I assume this pump is for a water fall or some other water feature, but you did not say...

The pipe labeled B sends chlorinated water to some water feature.. Maybe the spillover from your spa into the pool, or bubbler, or???

The pipe labeled C sends chlorinated water back to the returns in the pool wall (the eyeballs).

The pipe labeled A sends chlorinated water back to the Spa jets (Therapy jets) ...

The valve labeled I is called the "Intake or Suction" valve and it allows you to select between the Pool mode (pipes G and H) or the Spa mode (pipes F and E)

The valve just right of the letter A is called the "Return" valve and it allows you to return water to the Spa (pipe A) or the Pool (pipes B and C)

You will need to experiment to see if this is correct.. Try this..

1. Turn the valve by A so that the handle points away from pipe A. This should turn off the Spa jets
2. Turn valve I so that the handle points away from pipes F and E... This should stop water from leaving the Spa.
3. If this results in the Spa filling up and overflowing into the pool, then turn the valve between B and C so that the handle points to C. This will turn off pipe B and I assume stop the spillover or turn off some other water feature.

If you can try the above and let me know what happens, we can move on from there...

Assuming you have not fallen asleep yet.. :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim,

Just to confirm: i added the labels to your picture
A - therapy jets
B - water feature
C - return
D - no label
E - spa suction
skimmer
F - main drain
spa suction
G - main drain
H - skimmer
I - no label

we have a spa connected to the pool but there is no waterfall. its the same level and theres a pipe between the two.

If it helps, the previous owner left a note that to heat the spa only, switch A towards b & C and switch I towards G & H.

We vacuumed once, when we opened a week ago but need to do it again.

Thanks for your help.

If it helps, the previous owner left a note that to heat the spa only, switch A towards b & C and switch I towards G & H.

We vacuumed once, when we opened a week ago but need to do it again.

Sieve,

I think the previous owner is saying to heat the Spa, you want all the water to go out pipe A and no water to go out pipes C and B. So to do that, the handle of the valve by A has to be pointed at A.

And you want to close pipes G and H, so to do that you want to have the handle on valve I pointed at pipes F and E...

Anyway, I am not sure I helped at all, but I would recommend you use the info I provided and just play with each valve to see what they do.

I kind of lost track of where we are, so if you still need something from me, please let me know..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.