Discolored Plaster

Aug 30, 2008
Hello Everybody.
I need some help with my plain gray colored plaster.
Here are some links showing a light discolored area that appears to "flow" from shallow end to deep end. Also, there appears to be a round sort of pooling area in the deep end.

This pool was finished last November.

I have also included a picture of some stains on the plaster where they dropped sealer. This is around all of the pool, some of it is just dark areas, some has chalked up like bird poop.

048.jpg

054.jpg

051.jpg

055.jpg

Plaster does have the tendancy to mottle over time but I think it is too soon for that. I would say this might be a problem with the installation and you might want to have a talk with the installer. :hammer:

What brand of plaster is it? There is vast differences in the dyes used in pool plaster and application. Have the plaster council do an inspection. Google National Plaster Council

Frank R said:
What brand of plaster is it? There is vast differences in the dyes used in pool plaster and application. Have the plaster council do an inspection. Google National Plaster Council

I did this and found that the people who applied the plaster are members of the NPC. Who specifically do I need(manufacturer, appliers, etc.) to do this inspection?

Also, The sealer got on the plaster when one of the contractors morons sealed the coping before the pool had filled with water.

Under Technical Information link on the left, you will find a link for pool inspection. They will schedule one for you. You will then have an evaluation from an expert in the industry. I hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.