Pool Services Section?

May 22, 2014
Newmanstown PA
Have any of the admins ever entertained having a section exclusively for individuals or companies who follow the TFP method of pool care? I ask because although it's simple enough to ask for help and follow recommendations, it would be even easier to have someone who follows the TFP method who could help maintain or care for our pools while were gone, or even for the season. While I'm gone my wife usually just uses the local pool, in fact, she has been for 3 years, but this year she wants to use ours. This puts me in a bind because not only do I have to hire a company who doesn't follow the TFP methods, and be over charged for all kinds of chemicals, but this will more than likely mean having a chlorinator and other stuff purchased and/or reinstalled. Hopefully I am not alone here in thinking that this would be helpful.

Thank you.
Judd

Do you mean to name pool companies that take care of pools for the pool owners using the TFP methods? If so it is not cost effective for a service to do this as not many people can or are willing to pay someone to come to their house each day to test and dose as needed.

You might want to look into getting a SWG for you pool. That might work better for you. IF you are interested someone will be able to tell you how to set it up I bet.

Good luck!

Kim TFP MOD

Judd,

Pool service companies are in the business to make money. This is why they service a hundred pools a week and only spend 10 minutes at your pool once a week.

Our process is simple and does not take a lot of effort, but it does take almost daily care. I doubt that many people would want to pay what it would cost to have a pool service come by three times a week.

That is why for owners that have schedules that do not allow daily care, we recommend either Saltwater Chlorine Generators or Stenner pumps to automatically keep up with the chlorine demand.

Just my opinion, so let's see what other have to say....

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you both for your comments. I did not think about the daily need. I was thinking weekly could still suffice, but then without a SWG, I suppose it's almost not going to be that easy since it really needs to be tested daily or EOD. I may have to bite the bullet and pay a company to do it with their overpriced ways - haha. If that's what keeps the wife happy I suppose. I will look into a SWG and read some of the threads. With everyones input and from all the helpful threads I already purchased some new parts such as a pump and filter. Some may say the sand filter is a step backwards since I had a filter style, but sand is just easier imo.

Again, thank you.
Judd

Just my opinion.
If you've got your pool settled into a TFP routine; I bet you could get by for short periods, with her just testing FC. You probably have a good idea how much chlorine your pool uses on a given day and could make a measurer for that amount. Then have her check FC and adjust as needed for any unexpected variations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.