Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello All from the new member VaPoolGu

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello All from the new member VaPoolGu

Hello All!

I have read many threads and posts, gaining much knowledge from other members, over the years but never became a member until today.

Next month will be four years since I've had my pool and I probably would have driven all of you crazy with a gazillion questions if I had of joined back then because I knew absolutely nothing about owning and taking care of a pool, much less a saltwater pool! I was born and raised in South Florida with concrete pools so when I bought my house in Southeast Virginia with a vinyl lined saltwater pool, it was foreign territory!

I have experienced many of the typical issues: DE constantly leaked into my pool, salt system stopped working, grid assembly needed to be replaced, multiport valve leaked, pump leaked, and even a huge rip in my liner during the winter (resulting in a new liner in the spring) after questioning if there was a slow leak the entire summer before! And that doesn't even include all of the small problems year after year! So I guess one would say that I've learned A LOT and passed my crash course in pool care and maintenance!

I would like to take this time to thank everyone who has taken the time to share their experience that so greatly helps people like me, who read multiple sources before determining the best course of action! Your input is more valuable that you'll ever know!!! So thank you again for helping me get through my first four years!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello All from the new member VaPoolGu

Wow VaPoolGurl, you've learned via "trial by fire" pool school, huh?

Glad to have you here and we're all glad your pool is in good hands. Welcome to TFP!

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP Gurl!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach