Vacation Time

Jun 13, 2008
Port Neches, Tx.
In a few weeks we'll be leaving for 2 weeks and I've been pondering what to do with the pool. We have a pass through winter cover that I plan on covering the pool with. I'm planning on dosing it good with bleach before we leave. I can run the swg and pump on the timer. I'm a little concerned with evaporation, but the cover should minimize our current amount of evaporation some. Anyone have any advice?

Brother in law rents two lots on the illinois river south of Morris boat ramp, probably 2 or 3 miles down river. They have a RV, so it's not to bad, real peacefull during the week. We mostly try and visit family and a few old friends and keep it simple.

We always have fun when we go home.

I'm thinking about topping it off before I cover it, hoping to still have the skimmer full when we get home.The thing I'm concerned with is to much evaporating. I hate to ask someone to come look at it while we're gone, but I might

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Everything worked great considering we were gone for two weeks.
The pool was clear when I took the cover off, and it has a little more ppm of chlorine than I had been running before we left. I added 3 gal. of bleach and reduced the pump timer from 12 hrs. to 4 hours. Evaporation wasn't a problem because it rained alot while we were gone, had to pump some out yesturday.
We had a good time up in Illinois and really enjoyed the record low temps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.