Pool Pump Advice

May 13, 2017
Murrieta Ca
Hello Everybody,

*Disclaimer* I am new to the trouble free pool forum so forgive me in advance if i make any mistakes.

I need some advice on replacing my current pool pump. I currently have a 1.0 HP Jandy pump and Jandy "L" series DE filter. (I also have another 1.5 HP pump running my spa jets and water feature). The size of the pipes in my system are 2" and I have a 15,000 gallon pool. I would like to purchase a variable speed pump to replace the current 1.0 HP Jandy pump.

What type of pump would be a good replacement?

What Horsepower should I go with?

IMG_8490.jpgIMG_8499.jpg

Any input would help since I'm new to the pool world. Thanks in advance

Welcome to TFP.

We should be able to help you along with a pump recommendation. I have a couple more questions first.

Is there an automation system?
Is there a heater, SWG, or solar panels?
Is your pool above or below ground?
Is there any other water features like waterfalls or spill overs?
What voltage is your current pump running on and if it's 110volt do you have 220v available?

The pump in the picture is the Jandy Stealth which is a high head pump. Jandy makes several VS pumps that would work with the plumbing configuration you have. I can see a Jandy automation system in the other picture so it would depend on what version the control board is to know if it will communicate with a new VS pump. The Jandy E pump is an exact replacement for yours and it comes in two different HP's the VSSHP220 and the VSSHP270

Welcome to TFP.

We should be able to help you along with a pump recommendation. I have a couple more questions first.

Is there an automation system?
Is there a heater, SWG, or solar panels?
Is your pool above or below ground?
Is there any other water features like waterfalls or spill overs?
What voltage is your current pump running on and if it's 110volt do you have 220v available?

1. Yes I have an Jandy AquLinkRS automation system.
2. I have a heater in the system. No SWG or solar panels
3. Below ground pool (deep end 6')
4. Air bubble blow from the bottom of my pool but i believe that runs off my blower.
5. Not 100% sure the voltage the panel say 120/240 Volt

posted 2 pictures of the panel???

IMG_8507.jpgIMG_8502.jpg

That just means that you can have 120v or 240 hookup. Most of the pumps are wired 220v and other aux. can be 120v. You will need to access the menu to find the version of your board. Or you will have to access the board by removing a few screws holding the bezel in place and flip down to read the version on back

Just means it can deliver a higher gallon per minute at higher pressures ie, Spa jets and other water features. Go into menu/help/diagnostics, look for firmware revision should be a letter. Anything after O will work a VS pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.