Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie just got TK K-2006 Complete....numbers posted please help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie just got TK K-2006 Complete....numbers posted please help!

Drumroll.........

FC 1
    CC .4
    pH 8
    CH 775
    CYA over 100 (pool store test says 250)
    TA 290
    TDS didn't show how to do on K-2006, but pool store test says 2900

For what it's worth, my local Leslie's was on the money with all numbers compared to my testing.

So, please tell me what to do or confirm my plan from reading forum:

1) drain pool 80%+++
    2) fill and re-test
    3) SLAM

Also, my coping is trashed all the way around pool, built in 1999. I think the 5 year drought, earthquakes and huge slope behind pool have caused this. Should I wait to drain and balance pool until coping done in 60 days or drain now??

33000. Gal plaster IG pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie just got TK K-2006 Complete....numbers posted please help!

Will the ugly coping keep you from enjoying the pool? In 60 days it'll be triple digits in Temecula and you'll want to get in.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

That's what I'm debating...it's really bad...actually beyond ugly. I will post pics. Should I pay Leslie's to drain for $120? Am I asking for pool popping or trouble or f I do myself?
    33,000 gal IG plaster 38x18, chlorine,with spa spillover to pool, built 1999, 4 Cartridge filter, Nat Gas Heater, 100% in sun all day-TK-2006 and Speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

You should go rent or buy a pump and do it yourself. Unless you're right near a flowing creek or some standing water, you're not likely to float the pool because the water table is way deeper than your pool. You can play with this and see what the historic depths have been near you. gicima
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    You should go rent or buy a pump and do it yourself. Unless you're right near a flowing creek or some standing water, you're not likely to float the pool because the water table is way deeper than your pool. You can play with this and see what the historic depths have been near you. gicima
    Just ordered 1/2 hp 2600 gph for $42 including tax!!! your right, I need to drain now before hot temps!!
    33,000 gal IG plaster 38x18, chlorine,with spa spillover to pool, built 1999, 4 Cartridge filter, Nat Gas Heater, 100% in sun all day-TK-2006 and Speedstir