New Raypak heater install question

rbinn

Bronze Supporter
May 10, 2015
Nanaimo BC
Hi All,

My new Raypak 106A has arrived. The propane install and hookup is scheduled for Monday. I would like to do all the plumbing today in advance. Is there any issue with running water through before there is gas? It says there is a built in by pass so the plumbing would be pretty basic.

Any thoughts would be appreciate!

Rob

Thanks Richard!
First time heater owner so I wanted to be sure. It shows on install that it should be bolted down to a pad? I was planning to just sit on some levelled patio stones. Is bolt down required?

Cheers!

Pool heater is in and running! Ya!!

Only problem was installer didn't know how to get at the wiring for the fireman switch to hook up my sun touch. I ran wire from the jumper already but alas it's not 100 % complete.

Anybody know how to remove the control plate to get at the wires?

Thanks,
R

So after first 12 or so hours with new heater this is what I can tell you.
Ambient temp last night 42° saw a gain of 2-3 °per hour increase with solar blanket on. Turned of pump and heater at 10pm pool went from 57 to 66. This morning at 630 pool was at 63 ambient is 38 pool is now 68 at 830. Solar is not available so is not in use.

Very impressed so far. Looking forward to seeing how the solar will affect the heater cycles.

Cheers,
Rob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.