Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Cleaner Delay

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Pool Cleaner Delay

Morning everyone - hope this is in the correct forum. If not, please direct me to the right place.

I have a Pentair Racer LS run by a Pentair Easy Touch system. For years, I could turn on the cleaner manually, but pressing the cleaner button on the control panel. The pump would start right up.

Recently, when I push the cleaner button, it blinks red, and I get a DEL message on the screen. Stays this way for 10 or 15 minutes before the pump kicks in and starts running the cleaner.

Not the end of the world, as I don't manually turn it on very often, just curious why it would start doing this all of the sudden. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Cleaner Delay

Sounds like a delay function has been enabled. Check your user manual for the Easy Touch to see if you can disable a delay. Normally, things like heaters are on a delay or the delay may be enabled to wait for the main pump to run for a while before the booster pump kicks on for the cleaner.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Cleaner Delay

Cory,

What Joel said above...

Under Settings is a delay menu

or if you have ScreenLogic, just click cancel delays.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.