Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to find a hole?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to find a hole?

We just put up our ABG pool today (a gift but bought used). We filled it halfway with water, not even 18 inches, went to eat dinner and came home to discover a leak from the bottom of the liner. Is there any way to figure out where the leak is? We have stopped filling for now and marked the water line to determine how fast and how much water we are losing. The pool is 12'X30", metal pole frame, not in the original box so I'm not sure who the maker is. TIA!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to find a hole?

Unfortunately you'll just have to get in and look. A earlier poster mentioned offering a few kids $5 to the one who found the hole. Sounds like a good solution to me!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by spishex
    Unfortunately you'll just have to get in and look. A earlier poster mentioned offering a few kids $5 to the one who found the hole. Sounds like a good solution to me!
    Heck, my mom only paid $10 for the pool to start with! LOL But maybe with only that much water it will be easier to find!

4. Back To Top    #4

food dye might work not sure how much you would have to put in but you should be able to see it get sucked through hole.
    Above ground 33 ft round 52 in. high
    Approx. 25000 gallons
    Hayward Dreamline Sand filter holds 250lbs sand
    Hayward CL-200 chlorinator
    Hayward 1.5 hp 67 GPM pump