Pump and SWG set up

Shank

Aug 13, 2016
GULF BREEZE, FL
So main pump and SWG are wired together on Intellitouch, which current schedule is set to ON for 24/7, powering both devices.

Pumps current internal schedule is to also set to run 24/7 at various speeds, which seems to be somewhat overkill.

If I change/lower run time of pump, Intellichlor with still be power and go to low flow, is that a issue?

Should I set a separate aux relay and piggy back it off main for pump and create a second schedule for Intellichlor inside of the pump run times?
Then I would not need to worry about the no flow and SWG always being powered.

After some reading it appears that people have the pump and SWG set to run during they day.

Which makes sense if most of the Chlorine is lost during the day, seems to be the easiest way to keep things balanced.

Am I on the right track?

Hope this is in correct section to post. Have tried multiple searches on subject with no luck.

S,

The SWCG should be wired through the EasyTouch's Pump/Filter relay. Pretty clear in several places that this must be done in the manuals of both the SWCG and the EasyTouch.. You must not... use the SWCG's flow switch to keep the SWCG off when the pump is off. The Flow switch is a secondary safety system. The primary system is making sure the SWCG's power transformer does not get power when pump is off.

The problem you have is that your pump is not compatible with the EasyTouch. The ET was designed to control the IntelliFlo not the SuperFlo.

So your only real option is to program the pump on the pump's control panel to run whatever schedule you want. For an example, let's say from 7 am until 7 pm. Then set the EasyTouch to run in the pool mode from 8 am until 6 pm. This will cause the ET to close the pump/filter relay between 8 and 6.. The ET is too stupid to know that there is no pump attached to the pump/filter relay and it will close the relay anyway..

No need to use an extra aux to do anything..

Let me know if this does not make sense..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Shank,

I think it will, but that is not what I am suggesting. The SuperFlo is supposed to be wired to 220 AC all the time. It is not supposed to be controlled by a relay. I'm saying run the SuperFlo as a standalone pump. Then program the EasyTouch to run a schedule inside (time wise) the schedule that the pump has stored in its memory.

If your SuperFlo is currently wired to a relay inside your ET that actually shuts off the power to the pump, that is not how it should be wired. it may work that way, but that is not how it was intended to be wired.

As an example.. the Pump/Filter relay inside my ET is not connected to my pump, yet the relay still comes on and off on a schedule and that controls the power to my SWCG.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.