My Vegas remodel - goodbye 90's

Apr 28, 2015
Las Vegas Nevada
When we purchased our house a few years ago we knew the pool needed some help. The plaster was rough in a few areas and the tile was starting to fail. We lived with it for as long as we could and decided this would be the year. Please know that our journey is now mostly over but I will take you through the process so far. We still have a few more things we would like to do but those might have to wait until the swim season is over. Without further ado here are some of the before pictures.

I have figured out Photobucket and will start uploading and posting more pictures. That site is very buggy and I wish I could find a better website to share from. I will become a supporter as well but I do not think that will give me enough space to get all the pictures uploaded.

Now onto the remodel, as you can see the tile had started failing and the plaster had seen better days. Before we bought it I think it sat empty through a Vegas summer or two, I am sure that didn't help. Plus the age of the plaster and the lack of good chemical balance contributed to its demise.

Kim, sorry to spoil your joy but the dolphins and ball didn't make the cut. The simple fact that the air bubbles above one of the dolphins was not installed in the right place was enough to seal its fate during this remodel.

Bye, bye little dolphins :( If only they had put the air bubbles where the belonged!

Look at the top of the page. We have a thing called Photo Gallery. It can hold MANY pics and is VERY easy to use! It is part of being a support BUT photo bucket does work just do NOT have your only copy of a pic on there as one of our experts lost his photo buckets pics to a glitch :(

That spa :shock: yeah it is time to redo for sure!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Will,

I am torn as to the best way to proceed. I could either just upload everything all at once or try upload a few at a time to sort of follow the timeline. Decisions decisions......

Here is the beginning of the end for the white plaster, green tile and dolphins.

A few pics and stories a day will work. It will be like my daily read book and give me something to look forward too lol :)
Keeps the suspense high

My thoughts exactly Will.

- - - Updated - - -

What did the spa plaster feel like? Could you feel the build up?

I would go with the time line with the back story like Will said. It makes it more of a story for us!

Kim, it wasn't build up but the plaster falling apart and yes you could feel it. The bottom of the spa felt uneven in those places.

I will keep with the timeline like posts. Thank you both for your advice. ?

To keep my project posts moving along and to keep Kim and Will something to read tomorrow here is the next step.

While i did not get any action shots of the chip out my cat foreperson kept a close watch on the workers.

I was tempted to go out and see them in action but based on the plaster and tile chips i found scattered everywhere across i am glad i didn't.
R.I.P. Dolphins :p

The next post will be all about the tile.

I bet they have small cuts all over them from the flying chips! Man that is some chipping they did there:shock: Glad kitty was able to tell you they did a good job!

Tile..........ohhhhhhhhhh what color and kind??????? BLING????

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.