Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Vegas remodel - goodbye 90's

1. Back To Top    #1

My Vegas remodel - goodbye 90's

When we purchased our house a few years ago we knew the pool needed some help. The plaster was rough in a few areas and the tile was starting to fail. We lived with it for as long as we could and decided this would be the year. Please know that our journey is now mostly over but I will take you through the process so far. We still have a few more things we would like to do but those might have to wait until the swim season is over. Without further ado here are some of the before pictures.

2. Back To Top    #2

My Vegas remodel - goodbye 90's

I'm in on this one and looking for lots of pictures

current build<--free form gunite 34x21 18k gallons 4ft-7ft deep,Pentair 3HP VSP, wisperflo 2hp, 520 cartridge filter, 400k heater, ez touch 8 with screen logic, ic40 swg. 4ft sheer decent, 2 led deck jets, 5 globrite leds,rock spa waterfall. Mocha travertine deck, noche coping. Tropics blue custom mix with LOTS of beads and shells

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: My Vegas remodel - goodbye 90's

I can't wait to see pics of this remodel!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I guess I need to figure out how to increase my quota in order to upload additional pictures. I will go find out how to do that now.
    --------- My opinions; worth more than price charged!
    2017 remodel, 14,000 gal Gunite pool with attached spillover spa, covered in Midnight Blue Pebble, 4ft sheer decent , Pentair C&C 420 multi-cartridge filter, Minimax 400 heater, Pentair Sam lighting, Pentair Rebel suction side cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ speedstir
    -Geoff

5. Back To Top    #5

Two ways:

become a supporting member (blue oval at the top of the page)

photo bucket or such using the IMG code.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

OH I hope the dolphins and ball made the cut and are still there!!!

That tile was so pretty

More please!

Kim

7. Back To Top    #7

I have figured out Photobucket and will start uploading and posting more pictures. That site is very buggy and I wish I could find a better website to share from. I will become a supporter as well but I do not think that will give me enough space to get all the pictures uploaded.

Now onto the remodel, as you can see the tile had started failing and the plaster had seen better days. Before we bought it I think it sat empty through a Vegas summer or two, I am sure that didn't help. Plus the age of the plaster and the lack of good chemical balance contributed to its demise.

Kim, sorry to spoil your joy but the dolphins and ball didn't make the cut. The simple fact that the air bubbles above one of the dolphins was not installed in the right place was enough to seal its fate during this remodel.
    2017 remodel, 14,000 gal Gunite pool with attached spillover spa, covered in Midnight Blue Pebble, 4ft sheer decent , Pentair C&C 420 multi-cartridge filter, Minimax 400 heater, Pentair Sam lighting, Pentair Rebel suction side cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ speedstir
    -Geoff

8. Back To Top    #8

As you can see in these photos the plaster on the bottom of the spa was falling apart and was heavily stained.

Here is a clear night shot of the dolphins, you can see the misplaced air bubbles
    -Geoff

9. Back To Top    #9

Bye, bye little dolphins If only they had put the air bubbles where the belonged!

Look at the top of the page. We have a thing called Photo Gallery. It can hold MANY pics and is VERY easy to use! It is part of being a support BUT photo bucket does work just do NOT have your only copy of a pic on there as one of our experts lost his photo buckets pics to a glitch

That spa yeah it is time to redo for sure!

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

I like your pool and spa and can't wait for more pics

current build<--free form gunite 34x21 18k gallons 4ft-7ft deep,Pentair 3HP VSP, wisperflo 2hp, 520 cartridge filter, 400k heater, ez touch 8 with screen logic, ic40 swg. 4ft sheer decent, 2 led deck jets, 5 globrite leds,rock spa waterfall. Mocha travertine deck, noche coping. Tropics blue custom mix with LOTS of beads and shells

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks Will,

I am torn as to the best way to proceed. I could either just upload everything all at once or try upload a few at a time to sort of follow the timeline. Decisions decisions......

Here is the beginning of the end for the white plaster, green tile and dolphins.

-Geoff

12. Back To Top    #12

A few pics and stories a day will work. It will be like my daily read book and give me something to look forward too lol
    Keeps the suspense high

13. Back To Top    #13

What did the spa plaster feel like? Could you feel the build up?

I would go with the time line with the back story like Will said. It makes it more of a story for us!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Big Will View Post
    A few pics and stories a day will work. It will be like my daily read book and give me something to look forward too lol
    Keeps the suspense high
    My thoughts exactly Will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    What did the spa plaster feel like? Could you feel the build up?

I would go with the time line with the back story like Will said. It makes it more of a story for us!

Kim
    Kim, it wasn't build up but the plaster falling apart and yes you could feel it. The bottom of the spa felt uneven in those places.

I will keep with the timeline like posts. Thank you both for your advice. 😁

15. Back To Top    #15

To keep my project posts moving along and to keep Kim and Will something to read tomorrow here is the next step.

While i did not get any action shots of the chip out my cat foreperson kept a close watch on the workers.

I was tempted to go out and see them in action but based on the plaster and tile chips i found scattered everywhere across i am glad i didn't.
    R.I.P. Dolphins

The next post will be all about the tile.
    -Geoff

16. Back To Top    #16

I bet they have small cuts all over them from the flying chips! Man that is some chipping they did there Glad kitty was able to tell you they did a good job!

Tile..........ohhhhhhhhhh what color and kind??????? BLING????

Kim

17. Back To Top    #17

That is pretty neat looking, makes me wonder why there isn't a pool finish that resembles something like that with large speckles. I bet it would look pretty cool underwater

18. Back To Top    #18

Here is the beginning of tile. We were trying to stay within a budget and to be honest we didn't really look at into the bling so we didn't get any bling (sorry Kim)
    Our cat kept a watchful eye on the progress again.

-Geoff

19. Back To Top    #19

OH wasted one!!!!!!!!!! That is one of my favorite tiles!!!! The colors are some of my favs! You did GREAT! What color grout did you use? See not all bling has to shine! Some it is the pretty colors!

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

Kim,

You will have to wait for the next post to find out the color. Oh and so you don't have to use my forum name my real name is Geoff.
    -Geoff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast