Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aluminum Fence - how to get a wider opening?

1. Back To Top    #1

Aluminum Fence - how to get a wider opening?

Hi,

I have an aluminum fence around my pool. I also have an ATV which I use to bring supplies to & from the pool.

http://i.imgur.com/d0xbfeL.jpg

I would like to figure a way to get a larger opening. Is there an easy way to either put a hinge of some sort on a part of the fence or some way for easy (ish) access to drive a quad into the pool area?

The regular gate I have now is about 45 inches & the quad is about 47 inches wide so it wont fit. If I could easily remove a part of the fence it would be a snap to drive in & out.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Rich
    40k IG Gunite pool (47x21), Jandy iQ904-PS, Pentair 011018 VS Pump, Pentair 180009 FNS Plus Filter, Pentair 261152 Multiport
    Stenner Liquid Chlorine Dispenser - 30 gallon tank, Zodiac PB4-60 Polaris Booster Pump, Polaris 280 Pool cleaner
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL Become a TFP Supporter!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aluminum Fence - how to get a wider opening?

I am sure you can cut it off and make it into a gate. Whether it is easy or not is up to your abilities.
    Just make sure it still complies with any codes ... like self-closing and latching with high latches.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aluminum Fence - how to get a wider opening?

Yes you can remove it and measure the opening, then order a new gate which will mount to the existing poles. The only difference in, "line" vs "end" poles are the cutouts for the railing to slide into.
    Southern New Hampshire, 18x36 single roman end pool.